Friday, October 16, 2009

The Girl From Ipanema

Well I am OFF.

A trip that has been planned for about 11 months (Airlines Miles how I heart thee!!). Before the Olympics and World Cup make it like totally popular. (because no one has heard of Rio before this??)

Mr. Broad and I are taking our foodie adventure skills to BRAZIL.

So have no fear. I'll be back. In November. Enjoy Halloween, The New York City Marathon, Day Light Savings and all those other things that happen the last two weeks in November.

Things I'm excited about in Brazil:

The dolphins in Fernando De Noronha

The sand dune beaches in Jericoacoaro. Here is their main website which took forever to load.

And RIO. We are going to this RIO. NOT this Rio. HAVE you seen City of God? Whoa.

Along the way I'm SURE we'll have plenty of pictures of food. Brazilian steakhouses, Brazilian nuts, and drinking from one of those coconuts. Yes. Definitely a coconut or two.

And on that note. While I have been signing my new/old favorite Barry Manilow classic in honor of the Rio beaches.

I found this I'd leave you with:




Or you can compare it to the original.


2 comments:

Kim Stone October 17, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Hey, I'm Kristen's friend from Atlanta who lived in Rio (and now live in Melbourne)... and have been following your blog. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm SO JEALOUS of your big trip and that you'll definitely have a ball. When I was living there a good churrascaria chain was called Porcao (the big pig), and also Marios. Can't vouch 100% for them anymore as it's been a few years, but there you go. Can't wait to read updates after your trip!

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP