Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!

Time to GET PUMPED UP!!!!!


BRING IT!
We will be going to Ko in T-3 days!
So Mr. Broad and I have been doing some research to understand what to expect. AND I wanted to answer some of your questions about this place as well.
Ko is not recession cheap by any means. However, for the quality and innovativeness of food at the cost of $85/pp, it's "supposed" to be an amazing deal. Man, I love New York.

From what my google searching has told me, you get an 8 course tasting meal and romantic ambiance is not it's middle name. No table linens, hell, no tables. Everyone sits at a long bar on stools with no backs.

The food is innovative and according to the FAQs on the website it reflects "American Cooking". However, I'm willing to bet my meal is no american meal like my mother prepared. Shaved foie gras? How did he shave it? It's supposed to be smooth and silky? That type of creativity is what David Chang is known for.

There are not many pictures of the food on google. Which could be due to 2 things:

1) There ARE only 14 people that go a day
2) Err. I'm not sure if you can take photos inside Ko. Seriously, sources tell me it's banned. But have no fear.
I will find my ways. (I mean the banned guy had a DSLR camera! can you BE more discreet?!)

Here's one shot I was able to find of what we may be eating. Likely before the so-called ban was in place.

Coddled egg with soubise onions, sweet potato vinegar, hackleback caviar, potato chips


But okay. Enough. Mr. Broad and I have obviously decided (from all of your ohso snide "champion" comments and from emails) that we WILL keep the reservation.

Never before did I think I'd be excited for a Sunday night to get here already...
BRING IT!

1 comments:

Erin Lee January 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Happy that you are going. It seems to me you might need a snack before you go. Um, and for the record your shouldn't have been disturbed when your learned how I respond when peeps ask me how you are doing in NYC? My response "eating her way through it" - you can't hate on me...you put that on your own blog.

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP