Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mon Dieu! What Portions!

So when you think of French food, you think snobby small portions that you can eat in one bite, right? Well stereotype debunked. Here is where quantity equals quality.

This place was one of my favorites. Just a total French atmosphere with a waiter that played the part. Had his nose slightly up in the air because he knew his food was le shit. And I'm pretty sure he spoke English although fronted like he didn't, but that's part of why I loved it. I'm in your country- speak your language.


Truth be told, Mr. Broad stumbled onto this one because it was open on a Sunday night. Apparently Paris is not New York City.

This place was known for it's lentils so at least I knew that going in...
Green Lentil Salad with Bacon

The waiter served it out of this large bowl and then... LEFT the bowl with us to finish it off. We coulda asked for the check by now.


Mr. Broad went with the Ham platter. Which I'm sure it was called something better in French but he savored it all the same.


This was my favorite part of the meal. The waiter who acts as part chef/ensembler puts the mashed potatoes together tableside. They were quite popular so I took a picture. Mr. Broad wouldn't let me take the picture when he did the schtick at our table. Cause hello, tourists.

Now that's elasticity.
Mr. Broad got the country sausage with the mashed potatoes. Holy creamy. Mr. Broad let me in on the secret that it's the cheese and not the cream that makes it hold that elasticity shape.
He loved it.


I don't remember what this is that I had for my main course but something to the affect of a chicken stew with vegetables. I loved it. Have we mentioned that the French love cream?

Aah. I looked up the menu. Cause what was that? Stew Veal with Blue Cheese Sauce
Yum.


Yep. No dessert. We were stuffed. And when the table next to us ordered mouse and they served it out of a large salad bowl and then LEFT the extra on the table?.. There was just no way.
I am still thinking of those mashed potatoes though. And for an even better look back at them- check out the photo on their menu.
Merci!

0 comments:

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP