Monday, November 24, 2008

Keepin' it Local

I have been traveling a lot for work recently and when I come home around 8pm on Thursday, starting the oven is the last thing that me and Mr. Broad want to do. So we stayed around our area for a cheap(er) meal.


4710 Vernon Boulevard

This is on the main drag in LIC (Long Island City) and is also rated "best hipster burger" by ohso fun websites that also declared White Castle is the best fast food burger. I've never been there but judging from Mr. Broad, that's an accurate claim soo the burgers at Lounge 47 MUST be hip too!

There was quite a crowd already at the place (fist pumping for LIC- Hell yeah!) but no problem getting seated. So onto the more important stuff- dinner and the review.

We were both famished so we started off with one of the cheaper appetizers- Taquitos. A bit different than what we normally would get but always up for trying something new.

It was much different (and dare I say, healthier?) than what we expected...

But very good. Loaded with onions (things to mention on your MENU) I spent a good 3 minutes picking them all off. More like mini tacos but very good.

Dinner-

I went with the Shrimp and Avocado salad. Presentation sure was pretty... or shall I say... Hip? Guesses for what the hole of the avocada was filled with? At first I thought it was cheese and mmmm how I love cheese but then realized that it was the salad dressing. It looks a lot "thicker" in the picture than it really was. The salad was good, shrimp was yummy, however I think the salad needed a little something else. Cheese maybe? ... (PS- I realize that glob on the avocado doesn't look that appetizing. It was I swear!)


Mr. Broad went for the Burger with some bacon on top of course. Talk about food envy. And so Mr. Broad? How was it? He could barely stop to open his mouth to declare the greatness of burger. Cooked exactly how he wanted it, I gotta say it looked mighty fine.

Review:
Score one for LIC! Service was friendly, food was great, and the place was hoppin'. Definitely a great place to go locally for us. Not sure if I would go out of my way for this place but if I was in the area (or eh hmm live down the street)... worth it for sure.
Grade: B+

0 comments:

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP