Sunday, November 23, 2008

Watch out Ice Cream!

Before I give a full scale review on where we went on Friday night, I wanted to run home and tell everyone out in blog world about this amazingness place we found in SoHo today. (Technically I think it was in Nolita- North of Little Italy- but walked a lot today and starting point was SoHo, so we're going with that).


Mr. Broad and I decided to get out of our apartment today (novel concept) and go to SoHo. He enjoys shopping (for him, not for me). Meanwhile, I always have the problem of going into one of these cutesy boutiques that sell 3 sweaters which are all about $450 each (no joke). To me if you are paying that much for a sweater (and no it's not cashmere although that shouldn't matter) it should also include the pair of pants, the purse and just maybe a nice belt to tie it all together. What I am getting to is that I didn't see anything I liked... amongst the clothing stores that is!

BUT.

What I DID find?! And I regrettably have no photos to show you (but stole some off our friend the world wide web)...

May I present Rice to Riches.

37 Spring Street (btwn Mott and Mulberry)

A couple of years ago I found Rice Pudding. I had always known of it, and liked it sure enough but I had my wisdom teeth pulled and rice pudding and me became really good friends. (Until I got sick from my meds in which case rice pudding and I had a very unpleasant breaking up, but all is now forgiven). Well. Rice pudding.

A close friend of mine told me about this place in NYC ages ago- it's like an ice cream shop but instead of different flavors of ice cream, you guessed it- lots of different rice puddings.


Mr. Broad was not nearly as impressed as I- if it wasn't once alive (and preferably moo'ing or snorting) I'm convinced he could go through life just fine. But regardless, he enjoyed watching me in my super duper excitement.

There were a zillion flavors and if you look on their website, their prices were grossly underestimated from what we saw. A small was around $6.50 (website says $5)... Luckily I found a prepacked even smaller size available and got two flavors to taste - cheesecake and chocolate chip.
The cheesecake one tastes identical to a cheesecake filling and actually has pieces of cheesecake in it! Yes there were bits of rice in there too, however, it didn't really matter. It was gooooood.
The chocolate chip I will have later on but from what I can tell it's a bit more "traditional" while still sweet with chocolate chips in it.
No, I didn't get to try their classic flavors (boring!) but will definitely have to come by and pay this place a visit... sex, drugs, and rocky road is calling my name.


Rating: B+ (would be higher if it wasn't so expensive!)

1 comments:

Tina December 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

OMG I want it! Much better than a $450 sweater.

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP