Monday, November 10, 2008

Matzoh ball soup with a side of Danny Tanner

2nd Avenue Deli


Sunday morning we decided to go see my brother and his girlfriend in the city at a good ol' Jewish deli. Having been to the famous Carnegie Deli, we wanted to try out the other much talked about NYC deli- 2nd Avenue.

The deli experience started off similar to others we've been to but with some fun "perks". You almost hope for a long wait because they give you samples of their famous chopped liver. Good thing the woman made a couple of laps where we were!

Sitting down we got the typical pickles, cole slaw, and gribenes (fried chicken skin). Mr. Broad and Mrs. Broad's brother were happy...


And that is where most of my food review stops. And pictures for that matter.

Because. In walks. Bob Saget. And sits. Yes, right next to us. He was there with his 2 daughters but that did not stop me from gawking or talking loudly and OMG THERE'S DANNY TANNER and What ever happened to predictability?!

So while my half sandwich/soup came-- Matzoh Ball with pastrami sandwich- I was busy texting many, many of you all. Eventually I stopped to realize my soup may just be getting cold and WOW look at the size of that matzoh ball!!

Review: Food was great, seeing Bob Saget was clearly better. It's a bit expensive though which is probably due to the added cost of those "perks" and it being kosher. Many sandwiches hover around $20.

Mr. Broad had a tongue sandwich (more Jewish soul food) which he proclaimed was "Excellent". My brother's girlfriend had blintzes which also were also very good. The stuffed cabbage was awesome too. The food has large portions but maybe not as large as Carnegie (not that we needed it). And it's definitely nicer than Carnegie. Plus. With the Bob Saget sighting?? Just hand me a thing of Tums and we're in business.
Rating: A-

3 comments:

Erin Lee November 10, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

I feel like I am already in the know because of my Jewish Deli experience in Cleveland. Have to say, toungue sammy --- now that is foul!

Bordenia! November 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

great job! welcome to the blogging world! I think I may re-join the world of blogging after the wedding.

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP