Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You're back and still blogging about him?!

Yawwn, I'm waking up from my long break in posts.
As always I have excuses.

MY CAMERA BROKE. Canon may you RIP. Clearly I may have something to do with it since now I am in NYC and my purse has taken on the storage capacity of what the trunk of my car once did.
Ugh.

Alright. I have another camera coming my way but until then I've had to rely on fortunate friends/family who had their camera with them.

Mr. Broad's awesome Brother and Sister in Law (BIL and SIL now) were in town to celebrate both Mr. Broads and BIL's birthday. They are a year minus a day apart. Its cute.

First up, we took them to our favorite- Momofuku Ssam Bar.

207 2nd Ave (corner of 2nd and 13th)

Yes, I realize I have reviewed it already and YES it's a David Chang restaurant which I just posted... but whatever. He makes good food, we took our pics and we happily chowed down.

So it's been awhile and I may defer to my BIL and SIL and Mr. Broad on the "what" we ate. I think I took a paper menu home with me but if I did I put it in my purse. And well, you know what happened to my camera.

Lucky for you they have their menu posted online... Cribs notes at it's finest.

Spicy rice cakes – pork sausage, chinese broccoli, crispy shallots



Cat's ear pasta with cranberries and other things that aren't listed on the menu online.
It was good. And with a name like that you remember it, even if it has nothing to do with the title.


One of the hams. No idea which one but we liked it so much we ordered another ham to try a little variety. No picture on the second one because it really all looks alike.


Santa barbara uni – beet tapioca, whipped tofu, scallions- This was Mr. Broad's pick. Uni is sea urchin. And it was HIS birthday too after all (he told us this numerous times)



Lamb tortelloni – spring garlic, swiss chard, almonds
One of my fave's. Swiss chard, highly underrated.



Okay. So no official "review" this time, I've done enough of them on him. It was a great NYC meal with something a little different you won't get anywhere else. Even as you wait in the "holding room", Milk Bar you can get a sample of some of the more interesting food. Because it doesn't hurt to put the dessert before the dinner. Right now (or okay three weeks ago when we went there) they are in this candy craze and even had a fireball flavor. My recommendation if you go, have a sample- they give you a good sized sample serving. And even if you are not a fan of the fireball flavor (I'm not) I hear red licorice is good. But I won't be trying any of these soon. Because Mr. Chang, we are officially on a break. Again.

Up next: A non Momofuku post.

0 comments:

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP