Sunday, July 12, 2009

How Long Would You Wait For A NYC Slice? Discuss.

Traditional NYC pizza is thin, loaded with cheese, oil, and somewhat floppy so the best method to eat it is by folding it. That's how I grew up at least.

So a couple of weeks ago, we stayed on our side of the river and headed to Williamsburg for one of the new hotspots for NYC pizza. Hot, trendy we are...

319 Graham Ave

We sat in the back and ordered. And waited. and waited. for FORTY FIVE MINUTES for our APPETIZERS. Were they picking the tomatoes for our salad?? Perhaps pasturizing the cheese? I normally don't say much but you know it's bad when even Mr. Broad is calming me down. He was still in the "excuses" stage.

Finally. Out came:

Arugula Salad pears, figs, smoked bacon, gorgonzola
Pretty good for a starter salad although a bit more dressing than I would have liked. Although might I add figs are a bit underutilized. They were a nice touch because I hadn't had them in awhile but I don't think it tied the salad together. Or I was just in a bad mood.



Panzanela salad- Tomatoes, bread and some vegetables.
We have made this before so Mr. Broad decided to order it and see how ours stacked up. He enjoyed it, quoted "fresh" ingredients... The serving was rather large but in my opinion... I think the salad that Mr. Broad and I made at home was better :)




Appetizer mode was over. And then came the pizzas. Well not really. ANOTHER FORTY FIVE MINUTES WENT BY. and THEN came the pizzas. After the waitress telling us numerous times just another two more minutes and we told them that this is a bit ridiculous. They assured us they would take care of us with dessert. That calmed us down a little bit until I wondered how long it would take for that to come.


Ugliese burrata, broccolini, sausage fresh chilies garlic
I must say we were torn over the type of pizzas to order. The broccolini on this one called to me. Um yummmm. Everything came together really well on this pizza. Except for the middle. Where it sogged down because I guess the dough was too thin.



Margharetia DOC mozzarella di bufala, tomato basil
We both felt obligated to try the "plain" pizza. Pretty standard, however is it just me but I have a problem when you get the mozzarella one and they throw the cheese on it so haphazardly that you can have an entire piece of pizza without cheese on it. Grrr. Regardless, Mr. Broad liked this one. I was privy to the broccolini/sausage one. Look closely and you can find the cheeseless slice.




Review:
I don't know what it is about "brick ovens" but people just go nuts over them. Don't get me wrong it was good pizza. And it maybe coulda have been great pizza if we got it in time. No pictures of our free gelato ice cream. It really didn't warrant it because the scoop was pretty pathetic. Oh I don't know... I've read several articles raving about it but I think it was slightly overrated. I'm glad we went to try it but next time I have about several hours to wait for pizza? I'd head over to Artichoke Pizza but that's another post...
Rating: 6 Maybe if we got it at a reasonable time the rating would have been higher?

2 comments:

Christine July 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

another place we need to take you when you come home is 2 amys (if you haven't been) it's awesome and will get MUCH higher than a 6 :)

Mrs. Broad July 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Come on... 2 amys? :) I'm pretty sure Mr. Broad and I discovered that place!! Been there NUMEROUS times- heart it!

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP