Saturday, July 18, 2009

Somewhere in K Town

Welcome to the beginning of the Fourth of July posts.

Mr. Broad and I had some great friends in town-- Mr. and Mrs. Talking with Hands (TWH) and Spicy Lee.
Thursday night Spicy Lee came into town and we were at the Bryant Park Grill drinking (pitchers of) margaritas to toast one of my cousin's birthday when we "picked her up" from her bus stop. FYI picking people up when they come into NYC is a bit different from the suburbs ... and even moreso when you are SEVERAL margaritas deep. Oops.

Soo. Mr. Broad and I both stumbled the streets with Spicy Lee with no food in our bellies (ROOKIE MOVE) when we decided that we needed something. And since I am now a Korean EXPERT...


Enter K Town. Or Koreatown. It is located between 31st to 36th street between 5th and 6th ave.


I'd like to say I remembered where we ate. Or what we ate. But I was approaching a 3 day weekend and Mr. Broad and I kicked it off appropriately.

Korean BBQ is the name of the game here. We sat down and I guess ordered a bunch of stuff. And then you throw it on your flame and go to town. Like my other Korean experience they give you a lot of sides and you have no idea what you are eating but you try all the same.

Interesting Math Fact: Camera + Alcohol = Lots of Pictures.

Some sides... and the soon to be flame



Pork Belly






Dumplings



Something Else on the flame



A salad of some sort?


Something else random that I remember really liking...




Straight up garlic to roast on the flame. Some kimchee in the background.




Review:
I promise that my reviews will get better. It's not often that I imbibe like this.... Sure it's not. I can't even give it a rating. It was perfect for the mood we were in and quenched some alcohol. But not all of it as we found out the next morning...
Rating: Worth it to go back if we knew where we were.

The blurry shot from above. We were done.




2 comments:

Helen McGinn July 20, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Oh no...I'm hungry again now!

Erin Lee July 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Spicy Lee gives it a 7.5 - pork belly (aka REALLY thick bacon) was delish! Plus I love any place that gives you 10 sides and a variety of spicy sauces. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Broad for quite the cultural NYC eating experience....I think I am still full.

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP