Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cause Sometimes You Want a Burger...

A Recap it's like one of those tv shows that continue over 2 weeks!!...
(in announcer's voice) Last Week on a Broad on Broadway:
Mr. Broad and Mrs. Broad and friends JJ, TA and I went to this Tapas restaurant that was just 'aight so we decided to peace out and head to a tried and true place...

116 E. 27th Street (b/w Park and Lex)

Mr. Broad and I have been here several times and it's one of our top BBQ places we have been to in the city. This is a Danny Meyer restaurant- the guy who is behind other mainstays like Eleven Madison Park, Gramercy Tavern, Shake Shack, The Modern, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Oh and he's doing all the food at the new Met's Stadium. Yeah. He's kinda a big deal.

For Mr. Broad and I there is only one way to go here- a burger.
We hear their ribs are good and well, you can't go wrong with most anything on the menu. But we are 100% locked into the burgers. Like as we were eating cod filled pasta at the Tapas place I was thinking about this burger. I told you our minds were elsewhere.

We did start off with some other food items. Cause you just have to. I also recommend the Macaroni and Cheese and Potato Chips with blue cheese. We decided to go a little "healthier."
(Half Eaten) Brussel Sprouts-
I'm recently on a brussel sprout kick. And I am confident in saying that brussel sprouts need a new PR person. I mean these are GOOD. They truly are like the geeky kid on the playground that has no friends and then blossoms to be that rich hot guy. Nobody ever told you that guy was going to get hot and rich. That's brussel sprouts. Very underated as a kid with bad PR. Seriously, their PR guy NEEDS to get fired. Unlike the nerdy kid who turks into the rich hot guy- it's not too late to be friends with brussel sprouts.

Mr. Broad and JJ digged in before I could adequately take a picture of it all.


Hush Puppies with JalapeƱo Marmalade


Burger with Cheddar (medium rare)



I ordered it medium-rare, however, this was much more on the medium side than the rare side. Ugh. Don't worry it was still good!

Burger with Bacon (medium rare)




New York Strip with Herb Butter, Creamed Spinach and Cottage Fries
JJ ordered this one and loved it.


Hickory Smoked Vegetable Burger with Crispy Onions, Mushrooms,
and Salt & Vinegar Chips





Disclaimer: This was clearly ordered by TA. TA's not a vegetarian and even though we were at a BBQ place... I guess err, sometimes you feel like a veggie burger? Picture isn't the greatest but let's be honest. It's a veggie burger. Sorry TA.

Her verdict is that it was good but I know Mr. Broad and I are going to take her word for it. Big kudos to the starch that was paired with the burger- instead of fries they had chips that were maybe homemade?

Review:
If you want consistency you go to a Danny Meyer restaurant. People swear to me that they have jazz performers here but I have yet to hear any Coltrane or Brubeck (that's me showing off).

The meal was good and definitely filled us up for a better value than the Tapas. It can get slightly expensive as you start to order and realize you want EVERY APPETIZER on the menu. (Chipotle Chicken Wings?? Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip??) Quality. My one beef is the french fries with the burger. They are "okay" as far as fries go and are more of the crinkle cut frozen variety you might have had as a kid. But now that I know they have the homemade chips... looks like I know what I'm getting with my burger next time! Cause it's always a burger. And please make it a little pinker??
Grade: B+

2 comments:

Talking With Hands December 14, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

I love that you had "Beef" (at a bbq place) "Beef with the fries"...no pun intended

Tina December 18, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

After the blood sausage I wanted to go lighter...it was good...for a veggie burger...really...ok, fine. I wanted your burger.

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP