Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let's Pretend It's Radio

... because I have zero pictures of this restaurant I am about to review.
How could you?!


Well basically Mr. Broad and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire this past Friday Night. We haven't seen a movie in the theatre since maybe "Knocked Up"... and holy COW is it expensive to see a movie in NYC plus with fandango fees?... I'm not reviewing the movie but if I were I would tell you all to go out there and see it asap. After you read my blog obvi.

So Mr. Broad and I were feeling very "Friday night TBS" with our "dinner and a movie" night and he requested burgers. Of which I said- we just had burgers! And Mr. Broad politely reminded me that just because I blogged about it recently didn't mean we ATE it recently. True.

303 Lexington Ave @37th Street (also a Bleecker location)

This place gets packed quickly and even though we were assured that they could sit us "right away" after 20 minutes I asked again explaining that we had a movie to catch and the hostess stumbled through how we might be better off eating at the bar.
Arg.

And because we were surrounded by other people and Mr. Broad was EMBARRASED of my picture taking ("Can we go one meal without feeling like we are tourists?!")... I gave in. And actually kinda agreed cause there were a LOT of people around, and we were eating at the bar. And I'm still trying to be cool-trendy-NYer.

This is what we ordered:
Mexican Burger ordered Medium Rare- (spiced black bean spread, guacamole, chipotle puree)
Me: How's your burger Mr. Broad?
Him: Nom, Nom, Nom

Burger with Cheddar Cheese ordered Medium Rare: Now THIS is a BURGER. and a WONDERFUL pink, medium rare burger. My only regret is that you don't have the proof to see this wonderfulness. (My blog so I can make up words).

French Fry Tasting Basket- a mix of cottage, shoestring & sweet potato fries with 3 dipping sauces
These are awesome. The 3 dipping sauces were a sweet sauce, a chipotle sauce, a mexican (spicy) ketchup, and a regular ketchup. Yes I realize that's 4. The basket is huge and Mr. Broad and I barely made a dent in it-- much better when you have a larger group. But definitely satisfies that french fry craving and far superior to Blue Smoke's fries.

Review:
I felt myself comparing this way too often to Blue Smoke. Because this is awesome. The burger was perfect, the fries perfect. And there were MANY, many other items on the menu I couldn't decide between. Mr. Broad and I have been here before and always forget about this place. But we'll be back. And eating a bit more leisurely so I can get you folks pictures.
Grade: A-

0 comments:

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP