Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just like Mom used to make. Kinda.

It's funny in New York you can get a restaurant around anything. I've blogged about a store dedicated to Rice Pudding and even Macaroni and Cheese. Now what about all things Peanut Butter. We got it.

Because only in NYC, can they take the cheap PB&J sandwich, include potato chips/carrot sticks and charge $7 for it. Marketing rocks I'm telling you!

240 Sullivan Street

Mr. Broad and I wanted simple and well, you can't get any more simpler than this! Their menu is mainly varieties of peanut butter sandwiches, intense peanut butter desserts, and yes some "regular" deli sandwiches. But why bother.



I became a deer in headlights looking at the menu, completely overwhelmed and spurted out the first thing that I could see. If given a second chance I think I'd spring for the Elvis.

Dark Chocolate Dreams Sandwich: Chocolate Peanut Butter and cherry jam, stuffed with shredded coconut. I'm telling you they put a snazzy name on it and added coconut. It was good, however I could have used more of the chocolate flavor. Couldn't I always...


A close up with the coconut



Might Maple
Obviously Mr. Broad had no problem narrowing down his sandwich. Peanut butter with bacon. He enjoyed it and mentioned that the bacon had crystallized sugar. uh, YUM.



The anatomy of a peanut butter bacon sandwich.


Review:
It's PB&J but jazzed up. What's not to like?? Mr. Broad mentioned that the shop definitely catered more to females. True.. women do get into the speciality shops. But the shop really has something for everyone. All of the sandwiches come with a bag of chips and some carrot sticks. A cute touch if I do say so. And the sandwiches are actually pretty large but not as thick as I would have liked. Cause I really can smear on some peanut butter. They really thought of everything here on this menu. A pregnant lady sandwich (PB with pickles) or ants on a log (PB on celery with raisins)... Creativity at it's peak. They of course sell their own peanut butter with lots of varieties (white chocolate PB, spicy PB...). I'm only surprised they don't offer a peanut butter sandwich with no crusts. All in due time.
Rating: 6.5

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I wish you lived here because I know Mr. Broad would LOVE that peanut butter chocolate bacon cupcake I reviewed last week...speaking of, did you see how that Post writer ripped off my post?

Talking With Hands August 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I have a PB&J sammy about once a week for lunch. Maybe I will try and add some variety to them!

Sara August 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Peanut Butter and Nutella? I think I died and went to Heaven!!!

Unknown August 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Stand in line Broads, Rommie of Chrommie did that 2 weeks ago at Potbelly's Sandwich Works, and I needed to change his pants after the first bit. SOOOOO GOOOD!! PB&J+B or as I like to call it around the office, "The Magical Unicorn Sandwich"

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP