Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Meal That Wasn't

What, what?! 3 posts in 3 days?! Nuh UH!!

Mrs. Broad is BACK!

Because I have been posting all these fabulosity meals... I'd like to come clean. It ain't all like that. A couple of weeks ago (I told you I'm gettin caught up!) Mr. Broad and I decided we hadn't had sushi in awhile and I was craving some raw fish. So Mr. Broad in his ever-so commanding let me pick the restaurant voice chose this one.
And I can't stop reminding him.

63 Clinton Street

It was in the Lower East Side so we totally though oh yay cool hip sushi restaurant! Because every restaurant in the LES is OH SO COOL!? Negative.

We walk in to quite possibly the smallest restaurant room I've evern seen. Not saying much considering this is NYC but when you feel like you can stretch out your arms and touch opposite walls, I don't know... the word claustrophobic comes to mind.

We sit down and Mr. Broad and I give each other the eyes. Not in that sexy, newlywed way... but in that where the hell are we-should we leave way. Green tinted lights throughout the place and voices back and forth over the walls and the music.
We both decided that since it was 8:30 on a Sat night we just decided to go with it.
But let's discuss the music.
Where were we?! A club in Germany?

YOU try eating sushi to this music.


Review:
I guess I should review the sushi. It was okay. Sorry no pictures... I think I forgot my camera and Mr. Broad and I just wanted to get out of there. Some of the sushi rolls were very small pieces but overall we were really too distracted. Mr. Broad and I got the hell out of there in 30 minutes. And decided to go for a liquid dinner instead. Aaah. And who said married people don't go out!?
Rating: Mr. Broad gives it a 1. I'm too "diplomatic" to do that... I'm just not going to go back.

3 comments:

Sara April 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Babies Beglis blogger would enjoy this sushi place. :-)

Talking With Hands April 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

I totally remember this music in the European nightclubs!

LKBeglis April 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Wow, Sara knows me wayyyyyy too well. I was totally going to comment about how "this was my type of place" but she pretty much beat me to the punch.

LOL about looking into each others eyes "but not in a sexy newlywed sort of way."

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP