Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Other Side of Manhattan

Many, many of my posts have been from places around the Lower East Side or East Village. To the point where a fellow reader said, what about the Upper West Side?! And then emailed me all the places that I MUST TRY because the UWS is the new place to dine. They do now have a Shake Shack so perhaps she's onto something...


This was one of her recommendations and it's actually been mentioned on our foodie go-to websites so Mr. Broad and I ventured cross town to explore.

NOTE TO MR. BLOOMBERG: PLEASE FIX THE SUBWAY AND MAKE YOUR TRAINS MORE CLEAR ON THE WEST SIDE. GOING STRAIGHT FROM THE 60s to 125 in HARLEM WAS NOT A FUNNY JOKE. That is all.

283 Amsterdam Avenue (between 73rd and 74th)

Explained to me as the new go-to for best selction of cured meats and cheeses... wait. Did I just say cured meats? Mr. Broad was there.
So here we go:

It's been a little bit since we've been so I'm going to try my best to recreate what we ate. Or just make it up who am I kidding.

But no, starting with my favorite-
Cipollini Onions
Wow. I'm an "okay" onion person. Not really on the raw side but cooked it's aight. Fried it's better. Welcome to my new favorite vegetable. I've raved about brussel sprouts on more than one occasion and showed you many different ways how we've ordered them. But after having these at Thanksgiving I was hooked. Something about smothered in butter, or oil or balsamic oil. I don't know. These were awesome, bite size and explode in your mouth with a silkiness texture. Brussel sprouts you have competition.


Spare rib. I think?
Notice the singular. It had a red sauce and was very uh, "meaty". But I'm not sure if the picture shows well. It was one rib. Uno.



And this is what they are known for. Mr. Broad picked out a couple of cured meats and we were in business. I definitely could not tell you what these were but they melted in our mouth.


Oh here we are.
Brussel Sprouts. Sprinkled with an animal that oinks. Delish but yep, Cipollini Onions may have won this match up.



Review:
Salumerai Rossi was a fun find on the Upper West Side. A small space that crammed numerous tables to maximize the revenue, the service was lovely, and I must say Mr. Broad and I felt rather European eating Italian meats and sipping on sparkling water. I mean "flat" water. We can pretend. There were numerous items on the menu of this cafe that I would easily try. From salads to brunch-like items we may just have to go back... Now if we can only figure out the damn subway.
Rating: 7.5

1 comments:

Sara April 20, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

I feel like Mr. Broad only eats salami...

People who visit and do not leave comments

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP